Re: [Hampshire] BBC iPlayer Broken With Karmic

Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] BBC iPlayer Broken With Karmic
2009/10/27 Philip Stubbs <philip@???>:
> If Google does ever release its own Linux based Google OS, surely then
> we will see a better Linux Flash player? I would rather not need to
> use flash at all, but if we do need it, then please let us have a
> flash player that works as well in Linux as it does in Windows. My
> hope is that Google will provide the incentive that Adobe needs to
> pull its finger out on this one.

What makes you think Adobe isn't pulling their finger out? What
exactly do you expect Adobe to do?

I fail to see what magic Adobe could do to make Flash 'better' (aside
from open-sourcing it) other than the incremental changes as they
have been doing over the last year or two.

I note that the upcoming version will allegedly perform better at full
screen video on machines sporting the new nVidia ION chips - such as
the Acer Aspire Revo that I have, and other devices such as ASRock and
new ION notebooks.

http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/2009/10/hardware_accelerated_video_pla.html

Cheers,
Al.