Re: [Hampshire] Kubuntu 9.10

Author: Daniel Pope
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Kubuntu 9.10
On 31/10/09 20:40, Chris Aitken wrote:
> I've just tried the Ubuntu 9.10 live CD, but it doesn't have the driver
> for the Broadcom 4312 wifi card in my Dell D630. Strangely the driver
> was there in 9.04. Sure - I could download it, but I'm in the lounge and
> only have wifi access, so it's a fail here.
>
> Seems I'm not the only one to miss it [1]

I hit that issue too.

I also hit problems with the touchpad on an Acer laptop - freezing and jumping,
hopefully fixed by adding a proto= option to the psmouse module, at the expense
of edge scrolling.

Also it kernel panicked the first time I tried installing with Wubi and I had to
reboot and try again.

On the plus side it ran a bajillion times faster than Windows Vista. I have
benchmarks to prove it and everything[1].

Dan

[1] I don't really.