Re: [Hampshire] GIMP dropped from Ubuntu 10.04

Author: Chris Liddell
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] GIMP dropped from Ubuntu 10.04
Jack Knight wrote:
> Stephen Davies wrote:
>> /. is reporting the Gimp is being dropped from the next release of Ubuntu.
>>
> ... to be replaced by what?
>> One reason cited is that it is to complicated to use and that users want
>> something like 'mspaint' (washes mouth out with soap)
>>

>> My initial reaction is 'wtf'?
>>
> +1

Not that I want to get in the way of anyone's righteous indignation, but
my reading of the announcement is that The Gimp is being dropped from
the "default installation", not being kicked out of bed altogether.

Assuming my reading of it is correct, I think it's a good move. It takes
a fair amount of disc space, and is /way/ more than most people need. So
why force it on them?

It's still only an apt-get/aptitude/<random package manager> call away.

Chris