Re: [Hampshire] GIMP dropped from Ubuntu 10.04

Author: Tim Brocklehurst
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] GIMP dropped from Ubuntu 10.04
On Thursday 19 November 2009 14:56:39 Jack Knight wrote:
> Stephen Davies wrote:
> > /. is reporting the Gimp is being dropped from the next release of
> > Ubuntu.
>
> ... to be replaced by what?
>
> > One reason cited is that it is to complicated to use and that users want
> > something like 'mspaint' (washes mouth out with soap)
> >

> > My initial reaction is 'wtf'?
>
> +1

According to http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2009/11/gimp-to-be-removed-lucid.html
GIMP won't be dropped entirely (that would be totally stupid) it's just not
being installed by default. F-Spot will be installed by default.

It still seems a little silly to me though. GIMP doesn't take that long to
learn the basics.

Tim B.
--
OpenPilot - Open-source Marine Chart Plotter
Lead Developer