Re: [Hampshire] Periodic filesystem checks

Author: Damian Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Periodic filesystem checks
Hugo Mills wrote:

>> Or, when you have time, boot onto emergency mode from grub by adding
>> 'emergency' at the grub command prompt. Login when prompted then fdisk -l
>> view the available partitions then fsck manually.
>
>    That requires you to think about it, and involves a reboot and
> significant downtime, which nobody is going to do. Ted's solution is
> scriptable, (ana)cronnable, and entirely automated.

Fair enough - I'm taking the view that the machine in question does not have
a great deal of resources available.

Use of tune2fs might be a better solution yet.

Damian

--
WWW http://www.diaser.org.uk - Open Source Data Vault Application - beta-1

RSS http://sourceforge.net/export/rss2_projnews.php?group_id=258272