Re: [Hampshire] Shuttle and other small box systems

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Shuttle and other small box systems
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 08 at 04:05, Adam John Trickett wrote:
> What things should I be looking for? Obviously if it runs Windows then it will
> need more grunt, but my preference is for a case with a passively cooled CPU
> and graphics system and a quite hard disk.

My experience with Shuttles themselves, several years old now, is that they're
either extreamly quiet, or extreamly noisy, with no rhyme or reason to which
model is which.

Building it yourself I still think the Nexus Psile[1] case is the nicest
going despite the silly name. Very quiet, solid built etc, but you will be
paying high a premium for that quality.

[1] http://mini-itx.com/news/44187554
--
        Bob Dunlop