Re: [Hampshire] Devolo DLAN 200 AV Ethernet over Power

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Devolo DLAN 200 AV Ethernet over Power
On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 at 10:15:27PM +0000, Tony Whitmore wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a pair of Devolo DLAN 200 AV Ethernet over Power devices, which
> have been working flawlessly for a couple of years. The set up is a
> simple one:
>
> PC <--> DLAN 1 <--> DLAN 2 <--> Switch <--> Wireless router <--> 'net
>                              Other devices

> Everything is on the same subnet. All was well, all the devices could
> talk to each other. A few days ago I added another switch (actually a
> spare ADSL router, but I'm only using the switch part and the DHCP
> server is turned off) to the network, so it looked like this:
>
> PC <--> Switch <--> DLAN 1 <--> DLAN 2 <-->etc.
>         PC

I run over Devolo DLAN 200 AV the follwoing all the time:

router - switch - DLAN1 - DLAN2 - switch - multiple PCs

       multiple PCs

It works fine. I had problems once with cheap RJ-45s not fitting
properly on one PC, but other than that it works fine.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Deck of Cards: $1.29.
"101 Solitaire Variations" book: $6.59.
Cheap replacement for the one thing Windows is good at: priceless
    -- Shane Lazarus