[Hampshire] [ADMIN] February Meeting

Top Page
Author: Hants LUG Chairman
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
New-Topics: [Hampshire] Any Debian developers at Febs meeting?
Subject: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] February Meeting

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58704100.hantslug.org.uk.10918': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Jan 17 11:21:30 2010 GMT
gpg: using RSA key 9CDA8911AF0DB8C8
Hello,

I would like to thank everyone who braved the January rain and made it
Southampton yesterday for our first meeting in 2010. I'd like to thank our
special guest speaker, Daniel James, who specially made the trip over from the
Island to be with us and talk about publishing in the digital century... I
think a lot of people were very pleased to talk to him and I hope everyone got
a lot out of the event.

We have again been invited to IBM and so our next meeting on the 6th of
February will be at IBM Hursley Labs. Anton needs to have an idea of how many
people to expect so he can brief security. As with last time entrance and exit
times will be "less flexible" than a Southampton meeting but I hope this is
offset by the excellent meeting that will take place there and everyone will
want to be there from start to finish anyway.

If you think you are going to the meeting please email Anton now so he can

We hope to have some talks and space for a normal bring a box meeting. If you
fancy giving a talk in the fantastic Hursley Hall please let Anton or myself
know and we'll try to fit you in... We have two talk ideas at the moment,
LVM/RAID and desktop virtualisation.

IBM will allow WiFi access for us, by MAC address numbers if I recall, but
they don't allow wired access and they don't allow us to bridge their open
WiFi network to our wired one. You are welcome to bring a box with wireless
access and a wired one is allowed but won't be able to connect to anything
outside.

For lunch there is the excellent club which will be more than happy to sell us
food and beer. If you want to bring your own they didn't complain last time,
Anton will confirm the rules this time as I think it will be cooler and people
will want to be inside rather than outside I expect.

It is possible to get to Hursley by train and bus but if possible can people
car-pool where possible so that everyone gets a chance to see the excellent
location.

http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?6February2010

--
Adam Trickett