[Hampshire] [ADMIN] February Meeting

Top Page
Author: Hants LUG Chairman
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] February Meeting

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x573a1100.hantslug.org.uk.1004': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Feb 1 22:11:05 2010 GMT
gpg: using RSA key 9CDA8911AF0DB8C8
Hi,

For those not going to FOSDEM we have the privilege of visiting IBM Hursley
again next Saturday (06 Feb 2010). We have some talks planned and there will
be space for more normal bring a box events.

There are some restrictions to be aware off:

1) Arrival and departure times need to be set so that the campus security can
deal with everyone.
* Arrival time needs to be between 10:00 to 10:45.
* Anton will do the welcome and introduction at 11:00.
* Departure time is 4:30.
If you want to arrive or leave earlier then this is possible but it is more
complicated to arrange.

2) Lunch has provisionally been arranged at the Club House, where food will be
available to buy as will beer and soft drinks. Last time they didn't mind
people bringing their own food but I do not know what the formal policy is.

3) We have had some talks offered so there should be plenty to keep people
interested.

4) Wireless Internet access will be available but wired internet access will
not be available.

5) If you bring some IT kit, security will need to know it's serial number so
they know you are allowed to leave with it.

The location is FANTASTIC and I hope everyone agrees the restrictions are only
fair and not too onerous.

If you have not emailed Anton, please do now so he knows how many people to
expect.

http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?6February2010

I look forward to seeing all the non FOSDEMers....!

PS I have more books to give out for review......!

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

The Internet? We are not interested in it.
    --    Bill Gates, 1993