Re: [Hampshire] Allegations made by "LinuxLearner" (Was: Re:…

Author: LinuxLearner
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Allegations made by "LinuxLearner" (Was: Re:stuart biggs added you as a business connection on Plaxo)
Andy Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In general I have no interest in responding to "LinuxLearner"'s
> trolling, but he has made some accusations which I feel I need to
> set straight for the record. This is a publicly archived mailing
> list and his unfortunate post may be stumbled upon by anyone.

Thanks for clarifying that you have notified, and thus are deemed to be
registered, even though, as you seem to confirm, your entry does not
actually appear in the register, and as your website does not iterate
your registration classes, in fact, no could find out how you process
their data, without giving you their data, by asking. Further; that
dealing with the ICO, as I deeply suspected, is a complete waste of
time, as they are so obviously incompetent, as your experience, shows.

Others on the list nearly had me convinced it might be worth my time
dealing with them, so thanks for posting your experiences. FWIW, you
should have received a registration number from them by return when
originally registering. None of this would have happened, had your
business published that. ;)

> I have not made any accusation of DPA non-compliance in this thread,

Quote: "A more legitimate gripe with many sites like Facebook IMHO is
that they don't make clear what they are about to do. "

This is clearly an allegation of DPA non-compliance, but let's just
agree to differ.

Sincerely,

LL