Re: [Hampshire] Radio 4 Click On

Author: Alan Bell
To: sam, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Radio 4 Click On
Samuel Penn wrote:

> Fair enough. Though I would say that what previous MPs have
> voted for is probably a good indication of how they'll behave
> if they're re-elected. It doesn't make them less interesting
> just because we know something about their history.

yes, poor choice of words on my part. Their replies are less
enlightening perhaps, because we already know a lot about what they
think. I find it quite surprising how little information is available
about the candidates as individuals apart from their party affiliations.
>> If you look on your constituency page
>> (http://votegeek.org.uk/aldershot/ in your instance if Gerald
>> Howarth was your MP) there are links to a leaflet gathering project
>> http://www.thestraightchoice.org/leaflets.php?n=aldershot and
>> Democracy Club.
>> http://www.democracyclub.org.uk/constituencies/aldershot/ the
>> Democracy Club project is a bit of a collection of efforts related
>> http://www.mysociety.org/
>>

> Okay.
>
> Another site I've seen is http://skeptical-voter.org/ which is
> gathering information on MPs and candidates from the perspective
> of science geeks.

yes, similar aims but a slightly different approach.