Re: [Hampshire] worst distro name (was - Hmmm.....)

Author: Tim
To: jan, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] worst distro name (was - Hmmm.....)
On Sunday 25 April 2010 10:11:57 Jan Henkins wrote:
> On Sat, April 24, 2010 17:58, Tim wrote:
> > If we are going down the road of stupid distro names, I see Debian as no
> > more
> > stupid than Fedora (Red Hat) or maybe Crunchbang!! They are both equally
> > as
> > stupid as Zenwalk as a distro name.
>
> So what in your opinion would be a cool distro name?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jan Henkins

I never said I knew what a good Distro should be, I currently run Simply Mepis,
which is so named by the developer Warren Woodford due to a misunderstanding
over a bad skype connection. Somebody suggested that window was a bad name, but
looking back at where is came from the days of a single application running on
the entire desktop to being able to see multiple application running in
convenience little windows, it an obvious choice. The fact that Windows is
badly coded propriotory software does not mean it has a stupid name.

Tim