Re: [Hampshire] worst distro name (was - Hmmm.....)

Author: Benjamin Ashton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] worst distro name (was - Hmmm.....)
I was delighted and amazed with all the responses to my plea for help - thanks - and how it in-turn lead to a discussions about the silliest distro name.

So here's my take on "Zenwalk":

Zen is about authenticity and simplicity.  Since Zenwalk is based on Slackware (authenticity (?)), but having only one application per task (simplicity), then I think that Zenwalk is a very appropriate name.

... of course it could just be called that because it sounds funky!

Ben

P.S.  Now getting used how it works and still really enjoying the speed.