Re: [Hampshire] ClamAV not running?

Author: Adam Sweet
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ClamAV not running?
Andy Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 02:53:10PM +0100, Dr A. J. Trickett wrote:
>> If you have not upgraded yet, you may wish to hold off until it's
>> really fixed. If you have upgraded, does it work?
>
> I've got 3 instances that all run volatile and they seem OK.

Likewise, I run Clamav from Debian volatile and it works fine. The issue
is that the Clamav people killed off support for older versions as most
of their signature update traffic is from older versions which aren't
able to take advantage of the extended signature lengths they are going
to start using very soon.

If you're not already doing so, use Clamav from Debian volatile, the
whole point of volatile is for software which fundamentally changes more
frequently than Debian does. A bug warning of the impending problem was
sitting in the Debian bug tracker for 6 month before the problem
occurred and suddenly everybody noticed Clamav stopped working. As it
happens, Debian weren't alone :)

Regards,

Adam Sweet

--