Re: [Hampshire] open office database reports

Top Page
Author: Steve Dowe
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] open office database reports

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57986100.hantslug.org.uk.14004': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Jun 2 11:29:05 2010 BST
gpg: using DSA key 7DFD1D795C0D9788
On 05/26/2010 03:29 PM, Edward Beckmann wrote:
> Calling all oo experts.
>
> I know someone who uses oo for some word processing but keeps MS Access
> because he can't do the reporting he wants in oo. My challenge is to
> complete the transition out of sheer hatred of Access.

Hi Edward,

I don't have an answer for all the reporting needs but, for my purpose,
I have found migrating away from using Access only possible with Kexi
and MySQL. If I receive a MDB file, it's the only solution robust
enough to get the data out and usable.

The only caveat I've found so far is that it changes column and table
names to lower case... grr!

I'm afraid this probably doesn't help your reporting needs tho.. sorry!

- --
Steve

HP Compaq 6715b | fedora 12 | AMD Turion TL-60 | 4GB | Momentus 7200.4
Personal: http://www.stevedowe.me.uk Work: http://www.onecool.com