Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Wiki

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: chairman, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Wiki

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x578d4100.hantslug.org.uk.17099': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Jul 25 21:39:24 2010 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 11:52:18AM +0100, Adam Trickett wrote:
> Since the Wiki re-fresh it has been plagued with SPAM, today I've checked and
> nearly a dozen pages have been spammed this weekend. All I seem to do with the
> site is remove spam from it.

It seems a shame that all of the effort involved in developing
anti-spam measures for the old wiki got thrown out in the move to the
new one. Granted, some of those measures were buggy (or at least,
uncommunicative), but they did prevent the vast majority of spam on
the site.

I would suggest that whoever's in charge of the current
install/configuration take a look at the original set of patches for
(Ab)UseMod and work out how to implement those on the new wiki engine.
(I would expect that at least some of them have direct equivalents
already implemented).

I hope that the change of wiki engine wasn't driven entirely by "it
looks better than the old one". I rather missed the discussions of the
changeover.

Hugo.

    --- But somewhere along the line, it seems / That pimp became ---
                       cool,  and punk mainstream.