Re: [Hampshire] Virgin media: good and bad

Author: Jan Henkins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Virgin media: good and bad
Hello Jacqui,

On Wed, July 28, 2010 15:11, Jacqui Caren-home wrote:
> Jan, have a look at assp - very lightweight easy to configure - after a
> good
> RTFM session. Work gets maybe 30K emails with only ~20 emails in that lot
> that should be let through.

Hmm, I know what I will be doing this weekend! :-) Thanks for the tip, I
like the look of it.

> One word of warning - DO NOT use clamd.
>
> clamd's features are nice in principle but far too many MSP's seem to have
> only PFY's who simply switch everything on and "hope for the best".
> My postfix mailserver has a 4 day timeout and a number of US and UK MSP's
> are hitting this limit due to greylisting.

Do you mind elaborating a bit here? I don't see where clamd fits into the
picture. ClamAV is only a malware/virus checker, and clamd is a convenient
multithreading way to get to ClamAV instead of having to spawn a clamscan
process for every incoming email message. OK, it does identify some
phishing attempts, but that is as cute as it gets as far as I know. How do
you do your greylisting? I handle mine with either postgrey or policyd.

--
Regards,
Jan Henkins