Re: [Hampshire] UK ISP TalkTalk Monitoring its Customers Onl…

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] UK ISP TalkTalk Monitoring its Customers Online Activity Without Consent

> "UK ISP TalkTalk Monitoring its Customers Online Activity Without Consent

This, if true, would seem to be yet another clear breach of the Regulatory
of Investigatory Powers Act 2000. But good luck trying to get that
enforced - the police have been singularly unwilling even to investigate
such criminal activity in the past.

> As a pipex customer it looks like I am being monitored and I am wondering
> if the only way to stop it is to use a blocklist program?

The only way to stop such behaviour is to make in commercially unviable.
Ring up TalkTalk, tell them how disgusted you are with their behaviour,
then migrate to an ISP with some basic level of ethics[1].

Vic.

[1] i.e. not BT.