Re: [Hampshire] UK ISP TalkTalk Monitoring its Customers Onl…

Author: Jacqui Caren-home
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] UK ISP TalkTalk Monitoring its Customers Online Activity Without Consent
Keith Edmunds wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 02:56:54 +0100, m.nuttall@??? said:
>
>> I am wondering
>> if the only way to stop it is to use a blocklist program?
>
> Assuming the story is true, you'd rather continue to give your money to
> such a company and try to cover your steps than change ISPs?

It is rumored that BT/Phorm monitor traffic over its IPstream - including that
of any reseller ISP's so quite a few of the smaller ISP's that promise to
not snoop have to use backhaul and you end up being snooped upon anyway.

I would have thought that BT/Phorm sniffing *my* packets when they have no
contractual relationship with me would be very very suspect.
But BT have been issued with a "get out of jail free" card before :-)

IMHO BT are the next BP - and going by their support and customer service, they
seem to *want* to fail as badly.

Jacqui