[Hampshire] [OT] C cross-compile Makefile.am

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hants Lug
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] C cross-compile Makefile.am
Hi

I have two Makefile.am(s) that work for the Linux build of an application but
not the equivalent M$ build:

/svnroot/sources/Makefile.am
----------------------------
INCLUDES = -I$(top_srcdir) -I$(srcdir)

bin_PROGRAMS = DSI

DSI_CFLAGS = -DDSI_DIR=\"$(DESTDIR)$(pkgdatadir)\" \
-DDSI_DATA_DIR=\"$(DESTDIR)$(pkgdatadir)/data\" \
-DDSI_SCORE_DIR=\"$(DESTDIR)$(localstatedir)/lib/games/dsi\" \
-DDSI_PIXMAP_DIR=\"$(DESTDIR)$(datadir)/pixmaps\"

DSI_SOURCES = main.c rcfile.c sprite.c aliens.c intro.c rungame.c \
data.c hi_score.c final_score.c sound.c bombs.c shots.c level.c \
player.c

DSI_LDADD = -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image

noinst_HEADERS = *.h

/svnroot/data/Makefile.am
-------------------------
FILES = *.wav *.it *.gif README

filesdir = $(pkgdatadir)/data
files_DATA = $(FILES)
EXTRA_DIST = $(FILES)

The reason the M$ binary fails to run is because the directory location of
the data and score dirs is obviously different than the LSB locations chosen
here, so not graphics are found.

How could I best amend this so that the data file is found by the main exe in
the same directory it is launched from?

Can I use, not tried yet, #ifdef __LINUX__ #else #endif arrangement to signal
at compile time whether I am cross compiling or not?

-- Damian

--
http://interlinux.co.uk - Interlinux Services

DIASER RoadMap http://bit.ly/1Vtdp5

--
This message has been scanned by MailScanner.