[Hampshire] Slight Plea For Help

Author: Benjamin Ashton
To: HLUG
Subject: [Hampshire] Slight Plea For Help
Hi,

If anyone is willing then I could do with some help. Our version of linux
sort-of works but is also really annoying and seems to fail on some of the
basics. Any attempts that I've made putting on a different distro usually end
in failure.

We live up near Southampton University. If someone is close enough to drop by
to give advice then I would be most grateful. Payment could only be tea/coffee
and biscuits/cake and, of course, I will be your your humble servant, following
you to the ends of the earth, like the Black Moor in Kevin Costner's "Robin
Hood". Unless that's a bit OTT and embarrassing.

Ben