Re: [Hampshire] Slight Plea For Help

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Slight Plea For Help
On 6 August 2010 14:38, Benjamin Ashton <benashtonlakeland@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If anyone is willing then I could do with some help.  Our version of linux
> sort-of works but is also really annoying and seems to fail on some of the
> basics.  Any attempts that I've made putting on a different distro usually
> end in failure.
>
> Ben

Hi Ben,

I can't come round, I am afraid. Actually, I could but not now. Also,
I have learnt that I am a rubbish teacher.

Anyhow, in case nobody else can help in person, here are a few
questions that would help the good folk here guide you a little.

* Are you currently still using Zenwalk?
* What alternative distro did you have in mind?
* Are you still using the same hardware?
* What are the hardware specs?
* What have you tried?
* How did it fail?

Hope this helps.