Re: [Hampshire] Network Attached Server/Domain Controller.

Author: Mike Burrows
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Network Attached Server/Domain Controller.
On 9/22/10 6:10 AM, Vic wrote:
>> keeping off the raid plan atm.
> I would recommend you return to it once you initial problems are resolved.
>
>> Have a more basic problem.although I can
>> ping the server I cannot log onto the share. it is on the same subnet as
>> the aforementioned home file server and using a very similar smb.conf
>> file yet I cannot map to it. short of posting my .conf file can anybody
>> think what might be wrong please?
> Check your firewall settings. That's the most common problem, IME.
> Wireshark will tell you what is going on.
>
> Vic.

Hello folks.

Thanks for the support (again :). I am not sure what the cure was. I
think having the samba password correctly populated. Interestingly, the
samba docs suggested that the users should be identical to their doze
accounts, but that didn't seem to be the case when we tried a trial
deployment at a friends house. He simply had to map the NAS using the
samba account details.

Thanks again
Mike