[Hampshire] [ADMIN] AGM and next meeting

Top Page
Author: Hants LUG Chairman
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] AGM and next meeting

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5826d100.hantslug.org.uk.10299': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Sep 25 09:01:21 2010 BST
gpg: using RSA key 9CDA8911AF0DB8C8
Hello,

Our next meeting will take place on Saturday 2 October at the University of
Southampton[0]. Ashwin is our official chaperone for the day and he will send
out the call for MAC addresses if you want WiFi access at the meeting[1].

According to the constitution[2] we need to hold an AGM and election of the
committee[3] once per year. Autumn has proved to be the best tome to do this
in the past few years, so this October's meeting will also be our AGM.

We therefore need nominations for the posts and an election returning officer.
If you are willing to stand for election to the committee or to act as
returning officer please make yourself known on this list.

If you would like to give a talk at the meeting then please let us know and if
you would like to hear a repeat of a talk that has already taken place[4] then
also speak up.

I would like to personally thank everyone, it's the members that make the LUG
such a great place to be. I would like to thank Damian and Ashwin and
Southampton University as our regular hosts, Anton and the IBMers, and Bob and
the Surrey LUG - with a place to meet we would be in trouble!

For November Surrey hope to be going to Red Hat again, the next chairman will
confirm this once details are arranged [5].

[0] : http://www.hantslug.org.uk/wiki/SeminarRoom1

[1] : http://www.hantslug.org.uk/wiki/FindingYourMACAddress

[2] : http://www.hantslug.org.uk/wiki/LUGConstitution

[3] : http://www.hantslug.org.uk/wiki/CurrentCommittee