Re: [Hampshire] Stuck F1 key?

Author: Chris Dennis
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Stuck F1 key?
On 17/10/10 18:19, Victor Churchill wrote:
> My laptop seems to have got its F1 key permanently stuck.

Have you tried a bit of canned air to blow away any dirt around the key?
And/or the vacuum cleaner?

Some laptop keys will pop off if you get a fingernail under a corner,
enabling better access for cleaning.

And it's not usually too hard to take the keyboard out the check that
contacts etc. are clean -- google for help with your particular model,
service manuals are often available online.

You could even try a bit of WD40 on the keyboard -- although I wouldn't
do that without removing it from the laptop first.

cheers

Chris

Or rather,

--