Re: [Hampshire] ATX PSU in rack case

Author: Jacqui Caren-home
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ATX PSU in rack case
On 05/12/2010 01:07, Paul Tansom wrote:
> Has anyone experimented with fitting a standard ATX PSU in a rack case? I know
> there are some cases, mainly 4U ones, that specifically do this, but I have
> some 2U cases already and it doesn't seem to make sense to buy new ones and try
> to sell these.

Did see an article some years ago where a set of mobos were installed in a ikea
drawer unit. The builder installed a single high-end PSU and powered all the mo-bos
from the single PSU with some jumpers on the secondary mo-bo's.

perhaps you could do similar? One PSU (or two in redundant failover) must be more
effective than mains to every rack element...

Jacqui