Re: [Hampshire] ATX PSU in rack case

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] ATX PSU in rack case
** Jacqui Caren-home <jacqui.caren@???> [2010-12-05 13:15]:
> On 05/12/2010 01:07, Paul Tansom wrote:
> >Has anyone experimented with fitting a standard ATX PSU in a rack case? I know
> >there are some cases, mainly 4U ones, that specifically do this, but I have
> >some 2U cases already and it doesn't seem to make sense to buy new ones and try
> >to sell these.
>
> Did see an article some years ago where a set of mobos were installed in a ikea
> drawer unit. The builder installed a single high-end PSU and powered all the mo-bos
> from the single PSU with some jumpers on the secondary mo-bo's.
>
> perhaps you could do similar? One PSU (or two in redundant failover) must be more
> effective than mains to every rack element...

** end quote [Jacqui Caren-home]

Sounds interesting, although a little too complex for my current requirements.
I should imagine the voltage drop over the cable runs required to allow each of
my servers to be slid out to work on could cause problems. If I cad spare time
it could be fun though!

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: