Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Writing an Audio CD >64 minutes : possi…

Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Writing an Audio CD >64 minutes : possible?
On 29/01/11 16:23, Victor Churchill wrote:
> .oO( hmm, no doubt I /could/ find a way to sample the .flv / play the
> .mp3 at slightly over actual speed so that it fitted into 80 minutes,
> albeit slightly chipmunk-ish...)

Audacity will do this for you. You can alter the speed, which will
result in the voices being slightly higher frequency, but you can also
alter the tempo which can make the audio faster whilst still preserving
the pitch. This feature is designed for music rather than speech, and
there may be a slight loss of quality (but then you're already dealing
with an MP3 ripped from an FLV stream...)

Check out the Change Speed and Change Tempo items in the Effects menu in
Audacity.

Tony