Re: [Hampshire] GuruPlug no longer boots.

Author: Mark Johnson
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] GuruPlug no longer boots.
On Wednesday 09 Feb 2011 14:58:42 Clive Woodfine wrote:
> At the last Southampton BaB I brought my Guruplug Server Plus but was
> unable to connect as the Ethernet was not working. I have just find
> time to try running it again I find it no longer boots. When plugged
> into the mains only the power led lights up but none of the other 3
> do. As far as I can see there is no way out of this without connecting
> a JTAG board which I do not have and would be beyond my capabilities
> anyway.
>
> Any experts out there who could solve this for me?

Clive,
I have a JTAG board for the plug, which you're welcome to borrow if you can
collect/drop back to Southampton. It's pretty simple to use, you just plug it
in, install minicom and connect using instructions in [1]

You'll see the boot messages go past and end up at the login prompt (assuming
it's not completely bricked), from which you can do whatever you need to get
it working again (the lack of lights don't necessarily mean it's broken, just
that the script to set up networking etc. didn't complete successfully).

Give me a shout off-list if you want to borrow it.

https://guruplug.googlecode.com/files/GuruPlug%20Server-
Quick%20Start%20Guide-100507.pdf