[Hampshire] Ubuntu PC dropping network

Author: donhulio
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Ubuntu PC dropping network
Hi

This is my first post on the lug list. I have been to a couple of lugs
but don't get the time at the moment due to family commitments- I would
love to come to more!

I am using an 02 Joggler (running Ubuntu 10.04) as a Samba server and
although it seems to work ok transferring files if I watch a video it
drops the network connection to my Xbox media centre after about 10
minutes. From the Xbox MC I can reselect the Joggler and after a couple
of minutes the share appears again. I have tried switching to media tomb
and using uPNP but I get exactly the same problem. I never used to get
this problem when I was using my old network drive which seems to
suggest to me that it is an IP table/network time out issue on the
Joggler. The Joggler/old network drive are plugged in to my router and
the Xbox uses wireless G.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Julian