Re: [Hampshire] aliasing domains in Debian Apache2

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] aliasing domains in Debian Apache2
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:46:08 +0000
"Dr A. J. Trickett" <adam.trickett@???> wrote:

> > Many tips I found by searching the web assume use of the
> > /etc/apache2/httpd.conf file but debian doesn't use this by default.
> >
> > Suggestions would be welcome please.
>
> Basically the best option for three sites "A", "B" and "C" is to use
> Apache2 standard virtual hosting feature.
>
> 1) You get your domain registrar to point the web sites you want all
> at the same Apache server. So if you ping A, B or C you get the same
> machine and IP address.
>
> 2) You then create virtual sites inside
> the /etc/apache2/sites-available directory.

<snipped>

Thanks Adam & Andy for your input

I am pleased to say it worked and I can now access Kingsclere History
as
startx.co.uk/KingsclereHistory
or
http://kingsclere.org.uk/
plus
startx.co.uk/Kingsclere (my original family history site)
and
startx.co.uk/StartxLimited (which is a holding site for the dormant
company I set up last year to 'protect' the name)

--
John Lewis
using Debian sid