Re: [Hampshire] obfuscated code

Author: Daniel Llewellyn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] obfuscated code
On Sunday, 13 March 2011 at 17:37, Andy Smith wrote:
On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 05:36:28PM +0000, Daniel Llewellyn wrote:
> > if you want a quick decode you can use php:
> >
> > cat file_containing_html | php -r "print html_entity_decode(file_get_contents('php://stdin'));"
>
> Burn him!!!

I agree! your Perl is much more succinct; I would have done it in Perl had I been more sure of my coding in the lingo. But I would have had to google for the correct module, then googled for the docs for HTML::Entities, and then worked out how to make it into a one-liner.. Plus I'm more sure that html_entity_decode() will be available in any given php implementation whereas I don't know whether HTML::Entities is stock in most Perl distros.