Re: [Hampshire] simple description of open source etc.

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] simple description of open source etc.

> Linux is a tinkerers OS.

Rubbish.

Linux is a general-purpose OS. Whilst that does not preclude tinkerers
from getting their fill of whatever makes their day, the vast majority of
Linux users are not tinkerers. They just use it - often without even
knowing they are using Free software.

> Probably only if they suffer from severe social maladjustment.

Are you paid to post here? So far, you seem to be trotting out the
standard anti-FOSS FUD. Please stop.

> A good firm handshake is key.
>
> "Yes that feature will appear in version 11"
>
> Sold.

That's called "lying", and it's something many of us prefer not to do. And
nor do we need to - with FOSS, we can say "if you want it, I can make it
happen".

Vic.