Re: [Hampshire] simple description of open source etc.

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] simple description of open source etc.
On Tuesday 22 March 2011 20:08:48 bryan hunt wrote:
> Do normal people like it?
>
> Probably only if they suffer from severe social maladjustment.

My husband - whom I certainly would consider normal - loves it and can't
underestand why anyone prefers Windows, which he dislikes. And yes, he had
the system set up specially for him by an "expert" for free, but he could
have paid someone and still saved considerable money over the last few years.

I spent today at the home of a retired vet, a perfectly normal person, who has
used Linux for some years now, and his new partner is raring to go on her
user in this marvellous multi-user world.

I would call the majority of the users of this list "normal". The only
person patently suffering from severe social maladjustment I can think of is
you.

Lisi