Re: [Hampshire] VHS to PC Recommendation

Author: Berni Elbourn
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] VHS to PC Recommendation
On 02/04/11 14:33, john lewis wrote:

> On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 13:31:12 +0100
> "Rob Malpass"<linux@???> wrote:
>> I know I know I should have done this years ago but I'm faced with a
>> big geographical relocation and well over 200 VHS video tapes - all
>> pretty full - to transfer to some PC video format.
>
> I only have a dozen or so that I'd like to convert to CD

I have one of those Maplin B grade vhs-dvd copy boxes. They are very
good for making copies of home tapes to DVD. However, they enforce the
copyright on some later movie tapes, and you cannot transfer them. The
device is also a very capable VHS player. So VHS still lives on here but
I will be really pissed come the day when it is not possible to buy a
VHS player, or the tapes break.