Re: [Hampshire] VHS to PC Recommendation

Author: Rob Malpass
To: 'Hampshire LUG Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] VHS to PC Recommendation
> I have one of those Maplin B grade vhs-dvd copy boxes. They are very
> good for making copies of home tapes to DVD. However, they enforce the
> copyright on some later movie tapes, and you cannot transfer them. The
> device is also a very capable VHS player. So VHS still lives on here but
> I will be really pissed come the day when it is not possible to buy a
> VHS player, or the tapes break.

Looks like you've been lucky then - I've seen some bad reviews about [1]
assuming that's what you have. If so, does it have 2 or 4 heads? The
reason I ask is cricket is the content I'll be transferring - hence the
quality needs to be as "sharp" (yes I know VHS isn't that sharp) as
possible.

Cheers
Rob

[1]