Re: [Hampshire] DVI to HDMI for PC

Author: Jacqui Caren-home
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] DVI to HDMI for PC
On 01/04/2011 13:03, Rob Malpass wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Has anyone had any problems with DVI to HDMI connection for PCs?
>
> I'm considering getting myself a new huge monitor. Some have standard VGA, some don't - and I certainly don't want to pay extra for VGA. All have HDMI. My graphics card has a DVI output so
> really all I need is a £5 DVI to HDMI adapter or cable and job done.

Whats huge? - my work funded monitor is 28inch and has both VGa and hdmi as well as soem other inputs for audio etc.

I *think* this is the same. its a HANNS-G HD281D under the novatech "skin".

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prods/monitors/26inchplusmonitors/novatech/nov-lcd28f.html

Mine was purchased by the boss from ebuyer for slightly less than the novatech price is is simply brill.
I wish I could have bought the very cheapo 34in monitor they were doing for ~300UKP but that is no longer there
and had a few bad net reviews.

Personally given my lack of trust in "net cash" and our loss of roughly 30% of post (dont ask) it is far more
preferable to go to novatech and pick up than go the ebuyer route and it arrive at the wrong no33.
And yes the pikey g*ts who live in the "other 33" do sign for our parcels (using my name) :-(

Jacqui