Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs

Author: Paul Stimpson
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs
Hi,

On 04/04/11 13:08, Ian Grody wrote:
> http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search
>
> will tell you more about your exchange and what it has to offer. Virgin
> media aren't all too bad, depends on your area. Other options are FTTx
> products (BT Infinity (some other ISP's offer this service too) or
> Smallworld.

+1 for Sam Knows. A very useful resource and it will tell you exactly
what is available and if there is a date on the cards for upgrading to
LLU or 21CN WBC.

I recommend IDNet (www.idnet.net). They use BT Openreach to deliver
their product so they are the available at every exchange. They are the
best ISP I have ever been with and I was really sad to leave them when I
moved house (I told them my new post code and the sales guy looked at my
usage stats and told me he couldn't provide me with a speed that would
make me happy and thanked me for my business. They preferred that I left
than wasn't happy with the service.)

IDNet's technical support is 2nd to none I have experienced. The call is
free (0800) , you select Support from the menu and within 3 rings your
call is answered by a real engineer. I once asked a question they
couldn't answer and was put straight through to the Chief Engineer who
was generous with his time and offered me a non-advertised solution to
my customer's needs.

IDNet have a support forum (www.idnetters.co.uk) which is open to
customers of all ISPs. If you doubt they are as good as I say, please
ask on there. I will be amazed if you find anyone with anything negative
to say.

All the best,
Paul.