Re: [Hampshire] Gnome 3

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Gnome 3
On Monday 11 Apr 2011, john lewis wrote:
> Has anyone played with it yet?
>
> I'm a bit worried about the complete change in interface and wonder if
> I'll still be able to work the way I do now.

<wild_speculation>

No, but I think based on how radical the change from KDE3 to KDE4 was, if you
are an early adopter expect a bumpy ride. In the end KDE4 is a lot better than
KDE3 in many respects, but it took them several goes to get it right.

The Gnome people saw the screams from the KDE3 users that switched to KDE4
when it wasn't ready, so one would hope that they have learnt something but I
suspect not based on human nature - which is not a criticisms, but an
observation...

</wild_speculation>

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Windows has detected: "unknown device", and is installing drivers for it.
    -- Microsoft Windows