[Hampshire] Kmail

Author: David Webb (NOC)
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Kmail
> Does anyone use Kmail? If so can you explain to me what "Servside
> subscription" and "Local subscription" are on an IMAP account? Despite
> much googling I still haven't found a decent explanation. I know that
> it's possible to cache email from an IMAP account locally, for reading
> when disconnected and I presume one of the subscriptions represents
> that. I just don't know which, and what the other is for.

I use kmail for an IMAP account. Neither of these options are ticked and I
still have copies of all my IMAP mail stored on the local machine.

The only bug I have found that after moving messages from an IMAP folder to a
normal local mail folder, I have to reconnect to the IMAP machine before
closing kmail - otherwise I get sent a new set of the moved messages.

Regards,

David Webb.