Re: [Hampshire] Recommendations for a PPPoE Router for VDSL

Author: Ian Grody
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Recommendations for a PPPoE Router for VDSL
Your safest bet would be a routerboard, either the 750G or the 450G.
http://linitx.com/viewcategory.php?catid=194 is probably the best place to get
them from.

As I understand it, version 5 of RouterOS supports mini-jumbos over PPP,
allowing full 1500 MTU frame, yes, over PPPoE :-) (1508)

They do NATless, as well as can native or tunnel IPv6.

They are not for the faint hearted, non-techie though.

The only thing it falls on, it is 5 ports. However, it will happy go lucky
VLANs etc.

However, failing that, the Draytek Vigor 2820 series might be of interest as
that has pretty much everything all minus the 8 ports.