[Hampshire] Nas access

Author: Tim
To: hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Nas access

I have a small nas on my network (lacie single disk). This is mounted on
my PC (Debian mint edition) via the following line in the fstab file

//192.168.0.250/openshare/data /media/share smbfs defaults,uid=me,gid=me 0 0

This mounts the disk and I can read - write to the disk without a problem.

How do I mount this disk on another PC which my wife uses, she is
running Debian squeeze. I have tried adding the same line above to my
wife's PC fstab file using both her name and my name in the uid but
neither seem to work. If I look in the logs on her PC I see this in the
logs;

CIFS VFS: Error connecting to socket. Abort operation
CIFS VFS: cifs mount failed w\return code = 512

I think it has something to do with user security but that is just a
guess, I have googled but can't see anything particularly relevant to my
problem. There is no options to change any user access setting on the
nas, there are only two areas on the disk to save data, openshare and
myshare. Openshare is the full access area for everybody to use and
myshare is my own private section. I just want to give the wife access
to openshare?

Tim