Re: [Hampshire] Scanner/Printer recommendations or problems?

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Scanner/Printer recommendations or problems?
On 26 July 2011 18:38, AdamC <kabads@???> wrote:
> I'm looking at purchasing a scanner and thought I may as well go up to
> date and get a built in printer too (my ageing HP Desktop is
> struggling with the heavier use that wife and kids are giving it).
>
> My main reason for purchasing the scanner functionality is to become
> more paper free and store documents digitally, so ideally, I'd like a
> quick scanner which is easy to set up and can get through documents
> quickly.

Flat bed scanners are not too bad but will not have document feeders
for a cheap price.
You do not state that you would need a document feeder or not.
When you start looking at printers and scanners that have document
feeders, and duplex functionality, they start getting expensive.
I personally prefer single function devices. When they go wrong you
just replace the part.
With a multifunction device, and the ink stops working on one of the
colours (and replacing the cartridge does not fix it) , you might as
well purchase the whole new device again.