Re: [Hampshire] Laptop batteries

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Brian Chivers
CC: Hants LUG
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Laptop batteries
Brian,

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 at 03:18:28PM +0100, Brian Chivers wrote:
> Does your laptop power supply have a centre small pin ??

Don't know, I'll have a look tonight, it's another thing to
consider.

> If it does it might be like a couple of Dell's I've looked at. If
> the centre pin doesn't make contact with the charging socket the
> laptop won't charge, it'll still work on mains as the main 19volts
> or so is carried on the inside & outside on the outer part of the
> connector.
>
> Do you have another PSU you can try to rule that out ??

Alas no.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Despite all its complexity, fuzziness, uncertainty and spooky action-
at-a-distance, quantum mechanics is probably a Good Thing. However, I
must also note that QM permits Microsoft Windows to exist.
    -- John Walker