Re: [Hampshire] Laptop batteries

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Laptop batteries
On 28/07/11 15:18, Brian Chivers wrote:
> If it does it might be like a couple of Dell's I've looked at. If the
> centre pin doesn't make contact with the charging socket the laptop
> won't charge, it'll still work on mains as the main 19volts or so is
> carried on the inside & outside on the outer part of the connector.

Where I have encountered odd issues not explained by an old, knackered
battery in the past, I have taken a fine nail file to otherwise
unreachable copper contacts. That has been sufficient to keep them going
for a while, although inevitably the problem returned after a some time
had passed.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk