Re: [Hampshire] error competition

Author: James Courtier-Dutton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] error competition
On 19 August 2011 11:35, Paul Tansom <paul@???> wrote:

> Oddly these days I seem to have the opposite effect. I often get to a customer
> and find they can no longer replicated the problem that was easy to reproduce
> before I got there!

I got that one. I turn up, wait in reception chatting to the
receptionist and when my contact arrives everything is working well.
I then leave only to be called back 1 hour later.

The problem turned out to be a network cable (the old coax ones) was
running under the receptionist's chair, and whenever it was squashed
by her chair the network went down. But when she was talking to people
in reception, the chair was not on the cable.

Cheers

James