Re: [Hampshire] Old Dell dying

Author: Jacqui Caren-home
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Old Dell dying
On 02/09/2011 16:25, Vic wrote:
> This list is fully archived; if the world at large finds out that
> replacing crap Windows installations puts life back into old hardware, my
> source of cheap computing will entirely dry up...

Given my friends intransigence in getting rid of some rather obvious to me
adware and spyware I was so, so tempted to let her think her laptop
was "donefor" and found a new home for it at one of the dog rescues
but I would not have been able to sleep at nights.

I really should have hunted out my linux live disks and shown her just
how much "faster" linux was but again I would have not gotten much sleep
as she is the sort of person who would be calling me at 2AM asking
how to do something :-(

Jacqui