Re: [Hampshire] Refurbished Lenovo laptop 4 by 3 screen

Author: Martin N
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Refurbished Lenovo laptop 4 by 3 screen
Hello,

At 17:20 19/09/2011, you wrote:
>There are variants of the T43p and T60p that has
>1600x1200 screens. Could that be what you are looking for?
>
>I don't like these vertically thin and wide
>displays. The lack of Vertical Pixels is a real PITA with most IDE's.
>
>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IBM-ThinkPad-T43p-Pentium-M-2-26GHz-1GB-XP-CoA-No-HDD-/150660797335?pt=UK_Computing_Laptops_EH&hash=item2314155397
>
>This is on sale until 1930tonight and it's in
>Aldershot (no me btw) The current highest bid is £26.00

Yes i dont like widescreen either because of the
lack of vertical height hence my search for a 4 by 3 screen
that is 15" on an IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad.

Looks like someone on here fancied it as its been bought now :(

>This one (T60p)
>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15-LENOVO-ThinkPad-T60p-ATI-FireGL-1600x1200-UXGA-res-/270807798606?pt=UK_Computing_Laptops_EH&hash=item3f0d67134e
>Is currently standing at £399 but it does have
>the 1600x1200 screen and it is in W. Sussex

Thats a 16:10 which is my reserve buy i guess
since the 4:3 screens seem to be rare.

Pretty expensive at £399 though, I was hoping for
more £200 to £300 price really.

thanks for the information I will add the t43p to my search.
It seems ebay is the only real source for 4:3 or 16:10 laptops :(

Martin N

Running MorphOS v2.6 (Nov 2010) on Mac Mini,
Moderator of MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???