Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs

Author: Martin N
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Domestic ADSL ISPs
Lo,

At 13:48 08/10/2011, you wrote:
>On Saturday 08 October 2011 02:59:38 Martin N wrote:
> > Less prone as in less reliable on BT servicing the line if anything
> > goes wrong and
> > the included wait?
>
>Less prone to BRAS/speed drops due to random resyncs, better equipment and
>management of in the exchange, and usually upto twice the performance gain
>over 21CN lines. BE annex M doesn't crap out your download as much for
>noticeable gain of upload. 21CN Annex M is usually only any benefit for those
>close to exchange.
>
>Ex. 21CN via BT - 6M down 1M up | BE on same run
>of wires, modem etc. 12M down
>2.1M up. The 21CN's fastest ever sync was 10M down 1024kbps up. The BE is
>using Annex M, 21CN on Annex M was 5M down and 1.2M up. If i turn BE to Annex
>A, I will get upto 16 down and 2.3up. Line length is 2.1KM
>

> > DLM?
> > what is that?
> > Download Load Management? as a guess.
> >
>Dynamic Line Management. What causes your BRAS rate to drop like a lead
>balloon when your line resyncs and keeps you and a much slower rate than your
>sync speed, sometimes forcing a 20Meg synched line to work at 2/3Meg. Then
>spend weeks for it to come back to real-life.

Thanks for the information I will have to have a
conversation with Be then it seems

BTW talk talk have changed my bill from £24 which
i already had with pipex unlimited
to 40gig a month for roughly £13 a month.
-standard 8meg download ADSL.

They didnt highlight this change and so any pipex
customers that are been changed over
to talk talk ought to read all the letter they got sent.

Martin N

Running MorphOS v2.6 (Nov 2010) on Mac Mini,
Moderator of MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???