Re: [Hampshire] Changing from TalkTalk

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Changing from TalkTalk

> - threaten to sue their ass, mention the name of a good solicitor.

I have a maxim by which I stick: never threaten to sue unless you really
intend to.

Aside from it almost always being a clear sign of someone with no legal
representation, it also means you've misunderstood the first rule of
courts: the lawyers are the only ones who win. If you go to court, you
will lose. It only makes sense if you end up losing less than you would
have done otherwise.

As I've heard elsewhere, "a good lawyer can help you win in court. A great
lawyer will keep you out of the court altogether".

If you do end up on the litigation path, I've found the Small Claims Court
to be most effective. And if you do end up in front of a judge, make sure
you've got all your data readily to hand[1].

Vic.

[1] I ended up in a court a couple of years ago as a witness on behalf of
a colleague of mine. By the end of the proceedings, even the judge was
interrupting with calls of "where?" every time the plaintiff made claims
about having proof of things he thought were "agreed". The judge had
sussed out he was lying some time earlier, I believe. And I had *lots* of
data, properly indexed and cross-references :-)

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???